- UFC 274 Odds: Michael Chandler opened as a -450 favorite to Tony Ferguson +325 underdog.
- Chandler lost his last two fights but is the firm favorite to defeat Ferguson.
- Can Tony Ferguson upset the odds at UFC 274 and pick up his first win since defeating Donald Cerrone in 2019.
Tony “El Cucey” Ferguson is set to return to the octagon on May 7 at UFC 274. The former interim-lightweight champion will take on #5 ranked lightweight Michael Chandler. Both fighters are on losing skids right now, however, this fight makes sense for the lightweight title picture to eliminate a future contender. We review the opening Chandler vs Ferguson odds below.
Michael Chandler’s next opponent could be the “Notorious” Conor McGregor. Check out the latest McGregor vs Chandler Odds now.
Chandler vs Ferguson Odds
The latest odds for this lightweight bout at UFC 274 are highly in favor of Michael Chandler picking up his second UFC win in four fights since joining the organization in 2021. You can bet $45 on Chandler to net $10 with a win over Ferguson. These latest UFC 274 odds can be found at BetMGM Sportsbook.
For the underdog here Tony will have to drag Chandler into some deep waters, we’ve seen Chandler struggle with cardio in the past and for that reason, Tony Ferguson offers real underdog value at +325 (Bet $100, Net $325).
Betting on Chandler vs Ferguson at UFC 274
This will mark the first UFC fight where Chandler is a betting favorite. He was a +140 underdog against Hooker, +120 when he faced Oliveira and +180 marked his biggest underdog odds when he took on Gaethje.
Chandler’s last fight was at UC 268, where he fought his heart out to lose a fight of the year contender against Justin Gaethje. It’s been an explosive year for the former Bellator champion, who knocked out knocked out Dan Hooker in the first round in his UFC debut.
Then he went on to fight current lightweight champ Charles Oliveira and had the champ down in the first round. The tide turned in the second round and Oliveira finished Chandler to win the vacant lightweight title.
Once this fight was announced many fans were hot on Chandler defeating Ferguson with ease. Clearly, the oddsmakers don’t see it that way, the betting line was much closer than many had imagined as Ferguson is the real underdog here than never gives up and could cause Chandler some problems in the submission attempts.
That all being said, Ferguson is at the twilight of his UFC career. He hasn’t looked the same since fighting Justin Gaethje at UFC 249. A fight where Tony took unnecessary damage and hasn’t managed to pick up a win since.
UFC 274: Lightweight Showcase
UFC 274 takes place on May 7 at the Footprint Center in Phoenix, AZ. Chandler vs Ferguson is set to be the co-main tentatively for Oliveira vs Gaethje for the lightweight strap.
Oliveira is certainly a deserving champion by now, but he is certainly a hittable one. Online sportsbooks have “Do Bronx” listed anywhere from -150 to -160. You can check out the latest Oliveira vs Gaethje odds here.
These two fights should be absolute fireworks, it’s about time we have seen Tony Ferguson return and Chandler is a solid opponent to see exactly where Tony is at this point of his career. It’s a win-win situation for the UFC, if Chandler wins then he puts him right back in the title picture at 155-pounds.
UFC 274 Card
- Lightweight – Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje
- Lightweight – Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson
- Lightweight – Donald Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon
- Light Heavyweight – Maurício Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Heavyweight – Blagoy Ivanov vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- Featherweight – Macy Chiasson vs. Norma Dumont
- Welterweight – Randy Brown vs. Khaos Williams
- Welterweight – Francisco Trinaldo vs. Danny Roberts
- Flyweight – Brandon Royval vs. Matt Schnell
- Strawweight – Ariane Carnelossi vs. Lupita Godinez
- Flyweight – C.J. Vergara vs. Kleydson Rodrigues
- Bantamweight – Journey Newson vs. Fernie Garcia
- Lightweight – Michael Johnson vs. Alan Patrick
Who’s your early betting pick – Chandler or Ferguson? Comment below.