- Gervonta Davis opens as a 4/11 (-275) betting favorite to Leo Santa Cruz as a 5/2 (+250) underdog.
- Davis is undefeated and with the backing of Floyd Mayweather he’s expected to be the next star in boxing.
- Cruz has only one loss to Carl Frampton which he redeemed, are the oddsmakers overlooking Cruz’s chances to defeat Davis?
Boxing is back! One of the biggest bouts in featherweight boxing has been confirmed for October with Gervonta ‘Tank” Davis taking on Mexican sensation Leo Santa Cruz.
Davis vs Cruz predictions are live! We break down the opening odds for Davis vs Cruz below.
Gervonta Davis vs Leo Santa Cruz Odds
|Leo Santa Cruz||+250|
According to the opening odds, Gervonta Davis has a 73% implied probability of defeating Leo Santa Cruz. Expect the betting line to sway of the “Southpaw Slugger” Davis among the US-based bettors.
Leo Santa Cruz on the other hand will certainly be Davis’s toughest test to date. He has arguably the more well-rounded fight resume and is still in his prime at 31 years of age. You can bet $100 on Cruz as an underdog to defeat Davis to win $250.
Davis opened as a -300 betting favorite over Mario Barrios for his next fight. A fight which has many fans divided as Davis moves up weight class agains, leaving some huge match-ups at 135 pounds in his rear mirror.
Will the winner of Davis vs Cruz face the winner of Loma vs Lopez? Chance are this could happen for Davis, we cover the opening odds for Loma vs Lopez here.
This is exciting boxing matchmaking and a real high stakes fight for both opponents. As noted Davis is undefeated and now comes the time for him to take more challenging fights. Last December Davis lasted until the 12th round with Yuriorkis Gamboa, scoring a TKO win before the final bell.
Weight issues have hindered Davis in the past and that will certainly be a talking point as he will be the much bigger man compared to Cruz. Especially when it comes to cutting to 130 pounds for the weight -in.
Cruz who recognized as the world’s best active featherweight boxer, is coming off a decision win over Miguel Flores. He has defended his WBA super featherweight title four times since 2017.
Expect a tough fight with two solid boxers with grit, speed and skill. Stay tuned to Betting Insider Journal as the fight draws nearer for predictions and the best boxing betting props.
#BettingInsiderJournal #GervontaDavis #LeoSantaCruz
The following is a rundown of the complete schedule:
- Main event: Stephen Fulton Jr. (18-0, 8 KOs) vs. Angelo Leo (19-0, 9 KOs) for vacant WBO junior featherweight title.
- Co-features: Tramaine Williams vs. Ra’ee Aleem, junior featherweights; Joe George vs. Marcos Escudero, light heavyweights.
- Main event: David Benavidez (22-0, 19 KOs) vs. Roamer Alexis Angulo (26-1, 22 KOs) for Benavidez’s WBC super middleweight title.
- Co-features: Rolando Romero vs. Jackson Martinez for vacant WBA lightweight interim title; Otto Wallin-Travis Kauffman, heavyweights
- Main event: Erickson Lubin (22-1, 16 KOs) vs. Terrell Gausha (21-1-1, 10 KOs), junior middleweights.
- Co-features: Tugstsogt Nyambayar vs. Eduardo Ramirez, featherweights; Jaron “Boots” Ennis vs. TBA, welterweights.
Sept. 26 (PPV)
- Main event: Jermall Charlo (30-0, 22 KOs) vs. Sergiy Derevyanchenko (13-2, 10 KOs) for Charlo’s WBC middleweight title.
- Co-features: Brandon Figueroa vs. Damien Vasquez for Figueroa’s WBA junior featherweight title; Diego Magdaleno vs. Isaac Cruz, lightweights.
- Main event: Jermell Charlo (33-1, 17 KOs) vs. Jeison Rosaro (20-1-1, 14 KOs) in WBC, WBA, IBF junior middleweight unification.
- Co-features: Mario Barrios vs. Ryan Karl for Barrios’ WBA junior welterweight title; Daniel Roman vs. TBA, junior featherweights.
- Main event: Sergey Lipinets (16-1, 12 KOs) vs. Kudratillo Abdukahorov (15-0, 8 KOs) for IBF interim welterweight title.
- Co-features: Xavier Martinez vs. Claudio Marrero, junior lightweights; Malik Hawkins vs. Subriel Matias, junior welterweights.
Oct. 24 (PPV)
- Main event: Gervonta Davis (23-0, 22 KOs) vs. Leo Santa Cruz (37-1-1, 19 KOs) for Davis’ WBA lightweight title and Santa Cruz’s WBA junior lightweight title
- Main event: Chris Colbert (14-0, 5 KOs) vs. Jaime Arboleda (16-1, 13 KOs), junior lightweights.
- Co-feature: Richardson Hitchins vs. Argenis Mendez, junior welterweights
- Main event: Nordine Oubaali (17-0, 12 KOs) vs. Nonito Donaire (40-6, 26 KOs) for Oubaali’s WBC bantamweight title.
- Co-features: TBA