- Petr Yan opens as a 2/7 betting favourite against Urijah Faber as a 9/4 underdog.
- This will be Faber’s second fight since coming out of retirement and defeating Ricky Simon at UFC Sacramento earlier this year.
- Yan has one of the best boxing abilities at bantamweight, will he be the one to send Faber back into retirement?
The UFC have really delivered in 2019, especially the latter half with stacked cards from UFC 244 onwards. Out of them all UFC 245 seems to be the stand-out card of the year with three title fights.
Jose Aldo will also be moving down to bantamweight to challenge Marlon Moraes which is also scheduled for UFC 245. If you are wondering what the betting odds are for Yan vs Faber we have you covered below.
Yan vs Faber Odds
|Petr Yan||2/7, (-350)|
|Urijah Faber||9/4, (+225)|
Faber offers great value here in these opening odds – bet $100 on Faber to defeat Yan for a payout of $325. Bet $100 for a payout of $128 on Yan. Yan as a 2/7 favourite means that he has around 70% chance of winning on the night according to the oddsmakers here, be aware that these are opening odds so expect early money to go on the California Kid and thus affecting the odds.
Yan (13-1), has been like a whirlwind since joining the UFC in June 2018. Accumulating five wins in less than a year and with only one loss on his record stemming back to 2016, Yan has looks impressive picking up wins over Jimmie Rivera and John Dodson.
Faber (35-10), returned to action in July after a retirement that lasted two and a-half years, he made short work of Ricky Simon who got blitzed in 46 seconds. That didn’t give us enough time to see if Faber’s still got the stamina or has any new tricks in his arsenal to threaten Yan.
Our verdict is that the odds are against Faber here, this is a risky match-up but one he can still pull off. If Faber can pick-up a win here surely the UFC will grant him a title shot against Triple C himself Henry Cejudo.
Betting Odds for UFC 245 card
- Kamau Usman vs Colby Covington
- Max Holloway vs Alexander Volkanovski
- Amanda Nunes vs Germain de Randamie