- Arnold Allen is a +116 underdog in his main event meeting against -136 favorite Calvin Kattar at the upcoming UFC Fight Night 213 card.
- Allen’s undefeated UFC record has featured plenty of fights going to the judges’ scorecards. Six of Allen’s nine fights in the Octagon have gone the distance.
- Allen at plus money is the best bet in the main event as the undefeated fighter takes on a struggling Calvin Kattar, who has dropped two of his last three fights via decision. We give our prediction below.
Rising English talent Arnold Allen gets a step up in competition and a main event opportunity at UFC Fight Night 213, taking on longtime veteran Calvin Kattar in featherweight action.
Kattar steps down the ladder to take on Allen after losing to Max Holloway and Josh Emmett via decision in recent fights. The hope for ‘The Boston Finisher’ is that a matchup against a fighter facing his biggest UFC test will prove too much for Allen and he can get back to winning ways. Making this an intriguing Fight Night main event affair.
Allen vs Kattar Odds
Accoridng to the latest Allen vs Kattar odds, Allen is the somewhat surprising underdog in this one at +116 odds. $100 backing Allen would win $116, a good wager considering Allen is on the rise and Kattar looks to be entering the scuffling veteran stage of his career story.
Use our UFC odds comparison below to get the best odds for Allen vs Kattar.
For those who wish to back Kattar to get his career on track, a $136 wager would win $100. A fair price given Kattar’s experience, albeit a less enticing option in contrast to Allen’s plus money value despite coming off of a lengthy win streak compared to Kattar’s recent struggles.
Don’t forget to read over these UFC betting apps, for the best UFC betting bonuses for UFC Vegas 63.
Arnold Allen vs Calvin Kattar Prediction
Based off of their recent UFC fight analytics, Kattar is the busier of the two fighters in his fights as he lands more strikes per minute at 5.19.
Where things get interesting is Kattar’s strikes absorbed per minute of 7.15 compared to Allen’s 2.22 as the English fighter does a lot better job of defending his opponent’s striking attempts.
Allen’s superior standup defense – along with his takedown average of 1.41 per 15 minutes – has allowed him to score well with the judges and put together a list of decision victories.
If this fight goes the distance, it is more than likely Allen will have done more to earn the rounds with the judges than Kattar. Which leads to a conclusion Allen at plus money is the play here, given his reputation for being able to grind his way to victories inside the octagon thus far.
Betting Pick: Allen by Decision.
Looking for a huge sign-up bonus for this weeekend’s UFC slate? Then look no further than Sports Interactions promo code, offering new users a $1k bonus.
UFC Vegas 63 Card
- Calvin Kattar vs. Arnold Allen
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Khalil Rountree
- Drakkar Klose vs. Mark Madsen
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Phil Hawes vs. Roman Dolidze
- Tim Means vs. Max Griffin
- Chase Hooper vs. Steve Garcia
- Jun Yong Park vs. Joseph Holmes
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Christian Rodriguez vs. Garrett Armfield
- Josh Fremd vs. Tresean Gore