- UFC Odds are highly in favor of Jailton Almeida -550 as he takes on Jairzinho Rozenstruik +400 at UFC Fight Night 223.
- See our betting prediction for Rozenstruik vs Almeida and the best props to wager on.
- Johnny Walker will take on Anthony Smith in the co-main, with Ian Garry stepping up to fight Daniel Rodriguez on the main card.
Get ready for an explosive UFC showdown on May 13 as Jailton Almeida steps into the Octagon to take on the formidable knockout machine Jairzinho Rozenstruik in a thrilling five-round main event.
This heavyweight battle is set to be the highlight of the UFC on ABC 4 event, held in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina. We review the latest Rozenstruik vs. Almeida odds, matchup & prediction below.
Rozenstruik vs Almeida Odds
Jailton Almeida is favored to win over Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC North Carolina. Almeida has odds of -550, which implies that he has a high chance of winning, while Rozenstruik has odds of +400, which suggests that he is the underdog in this matchup. Almeida has an implied probability of approximately 84.6% to win, while Rozenstruik has an implied probability of around 20%.
While Almeida seems like a lock here this fight could go either way with both fighters having heavy hands. The smart bet here is the fight does not go the distance or under 2.5 rounds.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Jailton Almeida Prediction
Looking at their previous fights, Rozenstruik has an MMA record of 13 wins and 4 losses. He is recognized for his striking skills and has achieved 12 of his victories by knockout.
Nonetheless, he has exhibited deficiencies in his ground game, as both of his defeats resulted from submissions. Following two consecutive losses to Curtis Blaydes and Alexander Volkov, Rozenstruik made a comeback by earning a first-round knockout over Chris Daukaus in December 2022.
On the other hand, Almeida has a professional record of 18 wins and 2 losses. He is known for his grappling skills and has won the majority of his fights by submission. However, he has struggled against higher-level competition, with all three of his losses coming against opponents with significant experience.
Key UFC Fight Stats for Rozenstruik vs Almeida
- Almeida has a higher striking accuracy than Rozenstruik, with 64% compared to Rozenstruik’s 46%.
- Almeida has a much higher takedown accuracy and average takedowns per 15 minutes than Rozenstruik, with 70% and 6.73 respectively, compared to Rozenstruik’s 0% and 0.00.
- Rozenstruik has a longer average fight time than Almeida, with 8:01 compared to Almeida’s 5:21.
- Almeida has a much better defense than Rozenstruik, with only 10% of strikes absorbed compared to Rozenstruik’s 45%.
Almeida has the advantage in several areas such as striking accuracy, takedown accuracy, average takedowns per 15 minutes, and defense. However, it is important to note that the level of competition Almeida has faced is much less than Rozenstruik. Who has shared the octagon with some greats including Francis Ngannou, Alistair Overeem, and Junior dos Santos.
In terms of method of victory, Rozenstruik will likely look to keep the fight standing and use his striking to finish the fight, while Almeida will likely look to take the fight to the ground and utilize his grappling skills to submit Rozenstruik.
Overall, based on their fighting styles and their past performances, Almeida is the favorite to win this matchup. Almeida’s grappling skills will cause problems for Rozenstruik if he is unable to defend takedowns and avoid submissions.
Betting Pick: Almeida Under 2.5 Rounds.
UFC Fight Night 223 Card
Saturday, May 13, 2023 – Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina
Fight card – 3 p.m. ET (ABC)
- Heavyweight: Jairzinho Rozenstruik (+425) vs. Jailton Almeida (-600)
- Light heavyweight: Anthony Smith (-105) vs. Johnny Walker (-115)
- Welterweight: Ian Machado Garry (-250) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (+200)
- Women’s strawweight: Mackenzie Dern (-185) vs. Angela Hill (+150)
- Welterweight: Tim Means (+190) vs. Alex Morono (-250)
Prelims – 11:30 a.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+)
- Welterweight: Matt Brown (+145) vs. Court McGee (-175)
- Heavyweight: Karl Williams (-400) vs. Chase Sherman (+310)
- Bantamweight: Cody Stamann (-120) vs. Douglas Sivla de Andrade (+100)
- Light heavyweight: Carlos Ulberg (-300) vs. Ihor Potieria (+240)
- Lightweight: Natan Levy (-300) vs. Pete Rodriguez (+240)
- Women’s flyweight: Ji Yeon Kim (-275) vs. Mandy Böhm (+210)
- Welterweight: Bryan Battle vs. Gabriel Green
- Women’s bantamweight: Jessica Rose-Clark (-145) vs. Tainara Lisboa (+120)
Additionally, there are other intriguing matchups on the card, including Johnny Walker vs. Anthony Smith, which could provide interesting betting opportunities for UFC fans.
In the welterweight matchup, Ian Machado Garry is the favorite with odds of -250, while Daniel Rodriguez is the underdog with odds of +200. The betting market sees Garry as the more likely winner. However, Rodriguez has a chance to pull off an upset, and bettors who wager on him could potentially earn a higher payout if he wins.
Mackenzie Dern will fight Angela Hill in the women’s strawweight category. Tim Means will face Alex Morono in the welterweight category. Additionally, there are several other exciting fights in the preliminary rounds, including Matt Brown vs. Court McGee in the welterweight category and Jessica Rose-Clark vs. Tainara Lisboa in the women’s bantamweight category.