- The latest UFC 282 odds: Jan Blachowicz vs Magomed Ankalaev odds see the former light heavyweight champion as a heavy +200 underdog against the emerging Ankalaev.
- Ankalaev hasn’t lost in the UFC since dropping his debut fight against Paul Craig in March of 2018. The Dagestan based fighter has won nine consecutive fights since and is on the path to earning a title fight if he continues his run.
- Ankalaev is the likely winner between the two as the younger and more in-form fighter in the matchup.
UFC 282 is set to take place December 10 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The last major card of the year for the UFC, this card features some highly anticipated fights that includes the light heavyweight tilt between Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev. Two top five ranked fighters in the division, the winner of this fight could earn themselves a title shot in early 2023 to provide high stakes for both Blachowicz and Ankalaev.
Blachowicz vs Ankalaev Odds
UFC 282 odds, have Blachowicz opening as the underdog at +180 odds at most sportsbooks offering early UFC betting odds and has since moved to +200 odds at BetMGM Sportsbook.
It appears the early money is coming in on Ankalaev, who has seen his odds jump to -250 after opening closer to the -200 range. Check out these UFC betting sites for the best UFC 282 betting promos.
Blachowicz vs Ankalaev UFC 282 Prediction
Ankalaev and Blachowicz both are well rounded light heavyweights who prefer to keep things standing up but are also capable of both defending and earning takedowns in the grappling game.
Statistically, Blachowicz is the more productive grappler out of the two with a higher takedown average and takedown success rate per UFC Stats.
Ankalaev is historically better at defending takedowns than Blachowicz, holding a very impressive 86% takedown defensive rate through his UFC career. He also holds a win over one of the few fighters to beat Blachowicz inside the Octagon, holding a recent win over Thiago Santos after their headline fight at UFC Fight Night this March.
Holder of the second longest win streak in UFC light heavyweight history, Ankalaev should earn victory over the aging Blachowicz to increase the streak to 10 in a row. Expect a decision victory for Ankalaev after a hard-fought battle between two of the best in the world in their weight class in a perfect fight to round out 2022 in the UFC.
Betting Pick: Ankalaev
UFC 282 Card
- Jiri Prochazka vs Glover Teixeira 2
- Jan Blachowicz vs Magomed Ankalaev
- Paddy Pimblett vs Jared Gordon
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Alex Gustafsson vs Ovince Saint Preux
- Daniel da Silva vs. Vinicius Salvador – Flyweight bout
- Ronnie Lawrence vs Cameron Saaiman – Bantamweight bout
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley – Middleweight bout
- T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva – Featherweight bout
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez – Featherweight bout
- Raul Rosas Jr vs Jay Perrin – Bantamweight bout
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus – Heavyweight bout
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula – Middleweight bout
- Darren Till vs Dricus Du Plessis – Middleweight bout
- Bryce Mitchell vs Ilia Topuria – Featherweight bout