- Odds: Calvin Kattar (-225) Jeremy Stephens (+162).
- Date & Location: April 18, Barclays Center, New York.
- Prediction: Calvin Kattar by Decison.
At UFC 249 two dangerous featherweights have been added to the main card to accompany an already stacked headliner and co-headliner. With Jeremy Stephens taking on Calvin Kattar, we preview the opening odds and give our early fight pick.
Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens Odds
From analyzing the UFC 249 odds, Calvin Kattar has a winning probability of 69.3% over Jeremy Stephens. You can bet $225 on Kattar at these odds to win $100. For Stephens as the betting underdog, bet $100 to win $162.
All your UFC betting sites to choose from are listed here.
This is one hell of an exciting contest for the featherweight division. You have the aging yet powerful vet in Jeremy Stephens, who can put anyones lights out going up against a future title contender in Calvin Kattar.
Kattar has never been finished by strikes in his career. His last bout against Zabit Magomedsharipov he came up short with a decision loss. This time Kattar plans to KO his opponent and that’s real possibility against Stephens.
Kattar on Stephens current losing skid: “Skids can happen when you’re fighting the best guys in the world,” Kattar told MMA Junkie. “I’m sure he’ll be coming out strong like a guy looking to keep his job, and I’ll be there looking to put him away every round. (It) should make for an exciting fight on an already stacked card.”
We’ve seen Stephens been vulnerable to the body against Jose Aldo, this could be smart game plan by Kattar if he decides to work the body. If this were a five-round fight the likelihood of a KO would be greater. Still, expect lot’s of dangerous exchanges in this fight, where either fighter could get stunned or KO’d.
Prediction: Kattar uses his crisp boxing to out-strike Stephens and picks up a decision win.
UFC 249 Fight Schedule
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Tony Ferguson – lightweight title fight
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Ciryl Gane
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gian Villante
- Khama Worthy vs. Ottman Azaitar
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras